Thursday, December 4, 2008

Photo Tile Coasters

I created coasters using tiles from the hardware store and adhered printed pictures onto them. I added a stamped word to personalize the coasters, then sealed them with 4 coats of clear acrylic sealer and adhered cork to the back of the coasters. These coasters can be used and will withstand spills, but it isn’t advisable to submerge them in water.

The following pictures are of my husband and his siblings when they were children. He’s the one on the “adorable” coaster. See why I chose that particular word to stamp beside him? :)


Individual coasters, in order of birth:

I used this tutorial created by Maria, who is a fellow UDI member.

If you still need to make gifts for Christmas, consider making these special coasters which the recipient will treasure for years to come.

Stamp set: Warm Words
Paper: Tissue paper
Ink: Black StazOn Ink
Accessories: 4” x 4” tiles, foam brush, Mod Podge, tape, cork, permanent glue (I used Liquid Fusion urethane glue), acrylic sealer (I used Plaid gloss sealer, same as the sealer in the tutorial picture), printer.

Tiles found at Lowe’s, cork on the roll from Joann Fabrics.

If you have any questions, post them in the comments section and I’ll do my best to answer them. Have fun stampin’ and creatin’!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and I was the lucky recipient of these coasters at Christms last year. It is fun to see them here. They are wonderful! I love to have them out and remember all my sweet babies as they were years ago.

carolm said...

way cool michelle. i love them.

xox ~ carol.