Monday, July 13, 2009

Scallop Circle Card

I made this card over a month ago when the Parisian Breeze Specialty DSP was still current. I was disappointed that it retired as it has such elegant designs and I like the texture and thickness of it. We do still have To the Nines Specialty paper which has the same texture and thickness as the Parisian Breeze Specialty DSP. However, I think Bella Bleu looks more like the Parisian Breeze Specialty DSP in pattern and some of the colors. I just ordered Bella Bleu and am eager to see it in person :)

Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Parisian Breeze Speciality DSP
Accessories: Eyelet border punch, Beautiful Butterflies die, Backgrounds 1 Texturz plate, Scallop circle die, Big Shot, Circle Scissor Plus, White halfback pearls from Pretties Kit, glue dots, SNAIL adhesive, paper trimmer

I made this card on my own, except for one part where I got stuck for ideas. I put the butterfly on the front but didn’t like how it looked like it was floating on the card. I put a strip of cardstock behind the butterfly but didn’t like how that looked either. So I turned to my favorite blogs for inspiration, and found some on Jan Tink's blog. Her scallop card in this post was just the inspiration I needed to complete my card. I added the Whisper White eyelet border and a thin strip of matching DSP behind the butterfly, and liked how the butterfly was now “anchored”. Funny how sometimes you can’t find the simplest solution but someone else comes up with it in a snap :)

The folded Whisper White circle card measures 3 ¾” from the score line to the bottom of the circle. To create the circle card, I folded a 8.5” x 11” sheet of Whisper White card stock in half, then used the Circle Scissor Plus to cut the circle, making sure that a portion of the folded card stock was above the blade so it would not get cut off. I have a picture of an open circle card in this post.

This card will fit in a Stampin’ Up! medium envelope, but it fits best if you fold the envelope flap slightly higher than the score line.

I hope you have a great week and have fun stampin’ and creatin’!

6 comments:

micki said...

Wow, that is so elegantly beautiful! Love it.
I left a blog award on my blog - hope you don't mind :-)


hugs & have fun with Alicia & family

carolm said...

what a gorgeous card michelle. i, too am going to miss the parisian dsp. it made everything look so elegant.

xoxox

Andrea Walford said...

This is lovely! The pearls really add elegance!

Anonymous said...

Very elegant, Michelle! I especially like the little pearls -- they are a great finishing touch!

Sandy said...

Very Pretty! I love the colors and the butterfly is beautiful.

Andrea Walford said...

Was very sorry to lose this gorgeous paper! The bella blue is not thick of course but is also lovely. The new specialty called Storybook is awesome! Hard to tell from the catalog but the sketches are full of fun elements!