Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sketch Challenge Week #29

I found out that my card for this week’s sketch challenge also works for Thursday’s inspiration challenge on UDI. When I viewed the inspiration challenge, I was surprised to see that the theme was frogs, which is the theme of my card. So that works out well and I didn’t even plan it that way :)

Check out the sketch challenge for this week at UDI.

I wanted to make a card with a frog on it because I had a couple of extra punch art frogs from my last punch art class. I decided to create a get well card for a friend who is battling cancer in the hospital.

Stamp set: Inspired by Nature, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Olive Green, Summer Sun, Pixie Pink, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Summer Sun, Garden Green, Old Olive, Pixie Pink, Only Orange classic ink
Accessories: Punches: Horizontal Slot, Boho Blossoms, 1 ¾” circle, 1 3/8” circle, ½” circle, ¼” circle, Large oval, Small oval, Stampin’ Sponge, Crimper, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, paper trimmer, scissors

The frog is adhered on Stampin’ Dimensionals to give it a slight 3D effect. The flower is 4 layers so it stands up nicely on the card. Here’s a close up view:

I crimped the “lily pad” to give it some texture but I don’t think you can see that very well in this picture. The bulrushes are simply Chocolate Chip card stock punched from the Horizontal Slot punch.

If you would like to participate in the sketch challenge, post a comment and link to your blog, or upload to your Splitcoast gallery using the keyword DivaSC29. Go to UDI for more information about the challenge and to view the other Divas’ work.

I had fun making this card. I hope you had fun looking at it :)

Have fun stampin’ and creatin’!

5 comments:

RuthieB said...

Awwww! Love your little froggie!!!

carolm said...

michelle, this card is just too cute. i LOVE the flower!!!

xoxox

Evelyn said...

I love this card. You put it together so well.

debinicol said...

oh, Michelle...love the flower...bigger it could be a great lily pad! Have a blessed, healthy week!

Kellie Paxton said...

LOVE that frog! Fabulous job! Kellie