Thursday, May 7, 2009

Punch Art Runner card

I wanted to make a birthday card for a nephew of mine who runs in competitions, so I created a punch art person running. Although, it might look like my person is tripping and about to fall. Oops! LOL

Paper: Night of Navy, Glorious Green, More Mustard, Blush Blossom, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Brilliant Blue Stampin’ write marker, Bashful Blue Classic ink
Accessories: Punches: Word Window, Small Tag, 1 ¼” square punch, 1/8” circle, 1” circle, 2-way glue pen, SNAIL adhesive, sponge, stencil, paper cutter, paper snips

I kept the background of the card plain so the focal point would be the running person. I didn’t have a number stamp set on hand so I stenciled the number 15 with an old plastic stencil. I sponged ink on the background a bit to soften the color and to look more like the sky. For the grass, I cut a strip of Garden Green card stock and then cut short slits to create the blades of grass. I cut some of the grass blades on an angle or cut the tip of grass blade off completely and bent a few of the blades to make it look more realistic.

So there you have it, my first attempt at creating my own punch art. Hopefully I’ll improve with practice! :)

Have fun stampin’ and creatin’!

2 comments:

debinicol said...

you gotta love it when you do what you set out to do...Your nephew will really like this..original and very cool. I love the sky's sponging. Great job girl!

Micki said...

what a great idea!!!! And no, he doesn't look like he's about to fall down. He looks like he's running. That's ingenious. I also loved your round card on your previous post. Love it!