Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sketch Challenge Week #30

I can hardly believe we are on week 30 of the sketch challenges! Since I haven’t participated in every sketch challenge, it doesn’t feel like 30 weeks to me. But I know that some Divas have participated in all 29 sketch challenges, so to them I say, “Wow, great job!”

Go to UDI to view the 30th sketch challenge.

On the following card, I used a fun and easy technique called Polished Stone. My friend Lisa over at Fountain of Inspiration showed me how to do this technique. Since this was one of my first attempts, it’s not the greatest but I think it makes an interesting background for this card.

Stamp set: Cheep Talk, Thoughts & Prayers
Paper: Handsome Hunter, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla card stock, Glossy paper
Ink: Handsome Hunter Classic ink, Handsome Hunter and Really Rust ink refills, Encore Gold pad and Gold refill, Black StazOn ink
Accessories: 1/16”, 1 ¼” and 1 ½” circle punches, Rubbing alcohol and cotton balls, Gold brads, Crimper, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Sticky Strip, paper trimmer, scissors

Go to Splitcoaststampers to view the Polished Stone technique.

If you would like to participate in the sketch challenge, post a comment and link to your blog, or upload to your Splitcoast gallery using the keyword DivaSC30. Go to UDI for more information about the challenge and to view the other Divas’ work.

Have fun stampin’ and creatin’!

3 comments:

carolm said...

it looks great michelle. i am extremely "polished stone" challenged.

xoxo

Elizabeth said...

Great card, Michelle. Polished stone is one of my very favorite techniques!

Hugs!

debinicol said...

Michelle, this is nice but I sure think you need to show your clear one you sent to Micki....AWESOME job girl! just shows the huge amount of talent the Lord of All has blessed you with. Thank you for sharing that talent with all the others. God bless you with better health.