Saturday, May 23, 2009

Clear Cheep Talk Card

I didn’t have time to create a card for this week’s UDI sketch challenge, so I thought I’d post a card I recently made for a friend.

Since clear cards are popular right now, I thought I’d give it a try and make one using the medium window sheets from the Occasions mini catalog. I followed the acetate card tutorial found on Splitcoaststampers to create the following card:


Stamp set: Cheep Talk, Polka Dot background
Paper: Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red, Whisper White card stock, Medium Window Sheet
Ink: Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip classic ink, White StazOn
Accessories: 1/8” circle punch, 5/8” Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, clear rhinestone brad, glue dots, SNAIL adhesive, bone folder, paper cutter, scissors, Stampin’ Dimensional, Stamp-a-ma-jig

I used white StazOn ink to stamp the Polka Dot background on the front of the card. If the image smears, you can wipe off the extra ink with a Q-tip soaked in StazOn all-purpose cleaner.

The flower is adhered with a stampin’ dimensional to give it a 3D look, though you can’t tell from this picture.

I think the rest is self explanatory, but if you have any questions, please be sure to ask. Have a great holiday weekend, and have fun stampin’ and creatin’!

1 comment:

Alicia :) said...

Great job with this!!! I love it.