Sunday, November 23, 2008

Stamp Class projects

This past week, I hosted our monthly basic stamp class. We created these three Autumn/Thanksgiving themed projects:

From left to right: Free Standing Pop-Up card, Die cut pillow box, Paper Photo Album

Stamp set: Happy Blessings
Paper: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, More Mustard, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Night of Navy Classic Ink, Black StazOn ink
Accessories: Blender pen, 5/8” Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, SNAIL adhesive, sticky strip, scissors, paper cutter, Stamp-a-ma-jig.

You can view the Free Standing Pop-Up card tutorial by Mary Jo Albright on Splitcoaststampers. I almost completely CASEd (Copy And Share Everything) this from my friend Alicia, who CASEd it from someone in her SU! family. I think the only thing I changed was the color combination and I added the loop of ribbon at the top.

You can slide the tag down so it lays flat and fits perfectly inside of a medium SU! envelope.

Stamp set: Thankful Thoughts
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Autumn Vine DSP, watercolor paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, More Mustard, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red Classic Ink, Black StazOn ink
Accessories: Blender pen, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, SNAIL adhesive, sticky strip, scissors, paper cutter, 4 medium translucent envelopes.

I first learned how to make a paper photo album almost two years ago by Alicia at a stamping retreat in Kansas City, MO. I needed a refresher on how to make it so I watched the video created by Dawn over at Dawn's Stampin' Studio.

Stamp set: Thankful Thoughts
Paper: Old Olive, More Mustard, Very Vanilla
Ink: Old Olive, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip Classic Ink, Black StazOn ink
Accessories: Blender pen, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8” circle punch, 5/8” Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, scissors, mini glue dots, SNAIL adhesive, sticky strip, 3 Hershey chocolate Kisses.

A big thanks to Alicia for cutting the pillow boxes for me on her Big Shot machine. I can’t wait until I get the Big Shot and can die cut things for other people! :)

Did you notice a trend with these projects? Aside from the Autumn/Thanksgiving theme, I mean :) My friend Alicia helped me in some capacity for each of these projects. I don’t think she knew that, but she will once she reads this post! ;) Thanks for all of your help, Alicia. You are the best!

To view Alicia’s blog, go to http://papercraftplayground.blogspot.com.

Have fun stampin’ and creatin’!

No comments: